Many people avoid hiring a company to handle their landscaping work because they think they can’t afford it. But hiring a lawn care service to take care of your property’s landscaping can be one of the smartest and most cost-effective moves you can make as a property owner.
More Than Just Mowing The Grass
Taking care of a lawn involves much more than simply keeping the grass mowed. You also need to keep that grass healthy with regular maintenance such as fertilizing, aerating, watering and weeding and, possibly, seeding. In addition to keeping the lawn looking good, there may be trees and shrubs to keep trimmed and safe, planting beds to keep tidy and routine maintenance on any sprinkler systems or equipment you may own.
For some property owners, that’s simply too much work. Either they don’t have the time, the resources, the interest or the know-how to do the job well on their own. Sometimes the property is just too large or there are multiple properties to manage and the job becomes too much to handle yourself. That’s where our service can save you time and money.
What Our Service Can Do For You
In addition to keeping your lawn looking good and staying healthy, we provide many other services. We may:
- Inspect facilities and systems to ensure proper function. This can include inspecting sprinkler systems for leaks and to make sure they are running effectively and making sure the heads are not broken and are pointing in the right direction. A lawn service can also check your outdoor lighting systems for proper function. This is especially important for commercial properties.
- Provide design expertise. Some companies offer design services in which they evaluate the layout and use of the yard for the most effective, attractive and cost-effective design. These companies have experienced landscapers on staff who have seen it all. They can envision a new design or provide tips on maintenance and options.
- Educate you on proper lawn care. A good lawn care service will do as much as they can to educate the property owner about their specific needs, why they are recommending specific treatments, and how to properly care for the lawn and plantings.
- Ensure the proper scheduling of services. A professional lawn care services team will make sure your lawn is fertilized, dethatched, weeded, watered and mowed at the appropriate times to ensure optimum growth.
- Provide fall and spring clean-up services. Cleaning up the lawn in fall and spring is nearly as important as maintaining it during the growing season. Leaf raking and leaf-blowing in the fall will keep the lawn looking neat and tidy even when there’s no snow on the ground. Plus, it will be much easier to get the yard in shape in the spring without heavy wet leaves that have been lying under the snow all winter.
Save Space, Save Money
It’s no secret that taking care of a lawn is hard work. Multiply that by multiple properties or large areas and you’ve got your work cut out for you. Sometimes it’s just not possible to store all of the equipment you need to take care of the lawn on-site. If this is the case you’re faced with storing it off site (and possibly playing to rent the storage space) and somehow getting all that equipment to the right location at the right time.
Our services, on the other hand, have all of the proper equipment on hand and know what equipment will be needed at any given point in time. They can often do a better job of taking care of your landscape than you could do on your own.
Some companies offer a pay-for-service model of billing. This can be a huge money-saver since you’re only pay for the work actually performed. Where some companies charge by the season regardless of how many times they actually come out to mow your lawn or perform needed services, pay-for-service models only charge you for the work they do. So if you enter a dry spell and the grass doesn’t need weekly mowing, they won’t mow it. More importantly, they won’t charge you for it either.
How Does It Save You Money?
- No equipment to purchase and maintain.
- No equipment to store and transport.
- No gas or oil needed to run the equipment (or transport it).
- No need to hire full- or part-time staff to handle your lawn care issues, saving you money in salary, insurance, taxes and, possibly, benefits.
- Your time is money. Your time may be better spent elsewhere, rather than on lawn care.
- Expert service lowers the risk of disease, over-watering, under-watering and poor pruning techniques that could damage or kill your landscape plants. That means you’re less likely to need to replace damaged plantings or turf.
- They can catch problems before they start by performing routine maintenance and inspections of sprinkler systems or other automatic systems in place on the property.
Hiring this kind of service is not as out of reach and many people expect it to be. If you’re overwhelmed by property maintenance you owe it to yourself and your business’s success to look into lawn care services and see if they can save you time or money.